Subscribe

Receive emails when new articles are posted to Vanilla Fringe.

enter email address
Chicago Blogger Network
MAY 31, 2012

Hotlanta

by Shae

My mom and I traveled to Atlanta for a quick trip yesterday and tried to hit as many spots as we could in just one day’s time, as this was my first visit. We browsed boutiques and restaurants, and I left wishing for just 24 more hours and a bigger bank account. Below are some of the highlights… 

Bridge connecting boutiques and restaurants at West Side Urban Market

JCT Kitchen & Bar – amazing! 

Delicious Deviled Eggs topped with Prosciutto

Sweet Tea and Lemonade

Shrimp & Avocado Salad 

Fried Chicken Salad

G. Gilbert Boutique 

Ann Mashburn Boutique 

Cool Outdoor Seating

Simply Put

New Kitchen Accessories

The Décor in Free People Never Disappoints 

YEAH! Burger

Jonathan Adler “Let’s Spend the Night Together”

Love this vintage modern room at Jonathan Adler

Yogurt break at Yoforia

Bee in Buckhead– dying over this shell chandelier

Vintage Pieces from "Weathered"

Buckhead Saloon

Coast Seafood and Raw Bar

Blackened Grouper, Mac & Cheese, Fish Tacos with Okra

9 Comments (Post A Comment)

MAY 25, 2012

Bright ANN TAYLORed

by Shae

Wearing: Ann Taylor Chelsea Cropped Pants c/o, Ann Taylor Ombre Metal Pendant Necklace c/o, Ann Taylor Camp Shirt c/o, Ann Taylor Large Leather Wristlet c/o, Ann Taylor Neon Summer Cardigan c/o, Ann Taylor Briston Platform Pumps c/o, Ann Taylor Skinny Belt.   

Darks are just not my color of choice. My mother has told me time and time again that “black looks dowdy” on me, and while it’s a classic you-can’t-go-wrong-kind-of-palette, I just don’t tend to gravitate towards darks (unless it’s a feather and sequin dress; then the color doesn’t matter). Cue Ann Taylor’s new summer line. The colors are a force to be reckoned with, my friends! From the bright crops (as seen in these pics) to the vibrant shorts (pics to come) to tanks and blouses of all neons, the line is wearable, affordable, chic, easy to mix and match, and best of all, bright! 

Ann Taylor has provided me with these outfits in compliance with FTC guidelines. I was not compensated by Ann Taylor for writing this post, and my opinions are my own.

16 Comments (Post A Comment)

MAY 23, 2012

Floral Braids

by Shae

Wearing:  Wildfox Maxi Dress, Urban Outfitters Sandals, Feather Earrings (old) as seen here, Vintage Bag as seen here, My Pretty Golden Retriever Named Holiday as seen here

Hair care has not been on my priority list as of late, and after I saw these pics from last weekend, I knew it needed to be. So after a relaxing weekend of lounging with my friends and fam during a gorgeous weekend in this flower child dress and catching up on beauty sleep, it’s off to the hairdresser I go. 

4 Comments (Post A Comment)

MAY 21, 2012

Vintage Fair

by Shae

Alternating floral prints on the drawers of a dresser

Last weekend my best friend, mom, and I hit up Three French Hens Flea Market about an hour or so outside of Chicago in Morris, IL. My mom talked us into going as she said, quote, “This was the cutest town you’ll ever see.” So naturally, we couldn’t pass it up.  Well, I must admit, she was right. The town was adorable, the sellers were stocked, and despite the rain, I managed to pick up quite a few things for the new place I’m moving into in a few weeks (pics to come). See some of the highlights below… 

Old wheels for a wall

Fresh flowers and a moss purse I picked up for my grandma for Mother’s Day

I am obsessed with the smell of fresh lavender. I have a small bag of it in each of my drawers. 

A light teal nightstand. 

I bought these vintage baskets lined with burlap for my bathroom – perfect for toilet paper, seashells, or magazines. 

Decorative pens - I pictured these in a mason jar on a desk or in the kitchen. 

Cool musical note candles

Mason jars on glass stems, also known as red neck wine glasses. 

I have no idea who these people are, but I saw this grandpa and son staring at the river alongside of the fair, and it was too adorable to pass up. 

5 Comments (Post A Comment)