Subscribe

Receive emails when new articles are posted to Vanilla Fringe.

enter email address
Chicago Blogger Network
APRIL 30, 2012

Belt Donation

by Shae

Wearing: Aqua Shorts, Pippa Blouse, Pour la Victoire Heels, My Mom’s Vintage Belt, Marc Jacobs Yellow Bucket Bag, Vintage Rings, Hoops as seen here

I know it has been a busy week/weekend when my room looks like a tornado went through it, my laundry is literally spilling over the basket and onto the floor, and I have an endless list of things I need to accomplish that now is collecting dust. Yikes. My bright spot in the past week of craziness was finally getting around to wearing these strappy PLV heels I bought on Gilt last month and my mom donating the belt I am wearing (along with its twin in an army green color) that she used to wear back in her “retail days” (this is how she refers to her 20s). My agenda for tonight…getting my life back in order. 

7 Comments (Post A Comment)

APRIL 24, 2012

5 Bloggers 5 Ways

by Shae

Blogs listed from top left: Lynzy in Southern Connecticut from Sparkling Footsteps, Julia in Cali from Gal Meets Glam, Valerie in Dallas from Le Kiss Kiss, Jacey in Los Angeles from Damsel in Dior, and Yours Truly in Chicago!

Wearing:  Lulus Peplum School Spirit Top, Free People Printed Jeans, Old Crochet Vest as seen here, Hinge T-Strap Heels, Old Wet Seal Lace Scarf, Madonna and Child Necklaces, Old Studded Belt as seen here, Vintage Beads and Cuff, My Mom’s Vintage Rings as seen here, Essie Nail Polish in Playdate as seen here, Peach Studs similar to these cuties

A couple weeks ago, the lovely Jacey from Damsel in Dior contacted us regarding this super fun project: 5 Bloggers 5 Ways! We each received this beautiful peplum top, and then had the opportunity to style it fitting both our blog and personalities. I loved the color of this bright blue top and chose to dress it down with a crochet vest, patterned jeans, and feminine heels. Although as you can see, this top can easily be glammed up with the swap of a pencil skirt or maxi. Be sure to check out the 4 other fashionistas I was able to work with above, and a big thanks to Jacey for including me on this fab project! Enjoy! 

Also: Lulu's is offering a 15% discount code to readers valid thru 4/27/12. Enter FIVELOOKS at the checkout (please note the code is case sesitive). 

12 Comments (Post A Comment)

APRIL 23, 2012

Windy City

by Shae

Wearing: J Brand Skinny Jeans as seen here, here, and here, Zara Peach Blazer, Steve Madden Pumps, My Grandmas Gold Clutch, Ralph Lauren Sunglasses as seen here and  here, 525 America Lilac Tank, Zara Necklace as seen here, Vintage Ring as seen here and here, Green Aventurine Buddha Bracelet from China, Lindsay Rae Designs Beaded Bracelets, Mint Zara Headband, Essie Too Too Hot Nail Polish, Chicago Skyline

Over the weekend I hung with my little sista and enjoyed a night out with my girlfriends. And as usual, by the time Sunday rolled around, I was not only exhausted, but I had a never-ending list of things I needed to accomplish. This peach blazer and light purple tank duo was the outfit of choice for Saturday. It was casual yet dressy and sweet enough to carry me from dinner and drinks to Paris Club for a birthday party. I really could have done without the wind as I ditched the mint headband and had a blonde mane after about an hour but what can ya' do? The weekend as a whole was worth the crazy hair and busy Sunday. 

P.S. Don't forget to enter the giveaway below! Only a few hours left! Who doesn't want free stuff? xo -Shae

4 Comments (Post A Comment)

APRIL 19, 2012

IT'S GIVEAWAY TIME!

by Shae

Bracelets as seen below and while I'm working above...

It’s time for another giveaway!! Everything I give away on VF I either own myself or want to own myself and think it is something you should/must have in your possession. So fear not, what I write is always genuine! These glass-beaded bracelets by Lindsay Rae Designs are nothing short of amazing. You can layer them up with just about any color and stack them on your wrist with other bracelets for added color and a total arm party. Here’s how it is going to work: Once again, you must “follow” Vanilla Fringe and Lindsay Rae Designs on Twitter OR “like” Vanilla Fringe and Lindsay Rae Designs on Facebook and tag us in a comment stating why these bracelets belong in your jewelry collection. You need more color in your life? You’ve been dying to layer your latest cuff with these glass beads? You can never have enough? Whatever it is – we want to know! Tell your friends, ladies! You will score 3 or 4 of these beaded babies, and the winner will be announced on Monday, April 23rd. Oh, a disclaimer: Lindsay sent me the Buddha beaded bracelet herself, so I’m so sorry, I’m keeping that one. You can purchase your own here. Xo - Shae

4 Comments (Post A Comment)