Subscribe

Receive emails when new articles are posted to Vanilla Fringe.

enter email address
Chicago Blogger Network
FEBRUARY 28, 2012

Ready to Run

by Shae

Wearing:  Urban Outfitters Tunic, J.Crew Minnie Pants, Steve Madden Pumps as seen here, ShopTwigs Chain Necklace as seen here, My Grandma’s Croc Clutch as seen here

I bought this floral tunic from Urban Outfitters a couple months ago, and after sending it off to dry cleaning land, I forgot how much I love it. On Saturday, I was running off to an engagement party, and I whipped it out with my new skinny J Crew pants and a low bun. I felt like it was an elegant yet youthful look with a fringe top and a structured bottom. 

3 Comments (Post A Comment)

FEBRUARY 23, 2012

Bathroom Beauty

by Shae

Bathrooms are often a place associated with things not so pleasant - thanks to public bathrooms and college. But after ordering this pretty floral robe, I figured I had to share some of my favorite products, décor pieces, and bathroom necessities to help us all erase those unpleasant memories and make it a space we actually enjoy. 

Pretty Plum Sugar Feminine Floral Robe (suggested by Jacey from Damsel in Dior)

Make-up brushes assorted in sprinkle-filled mason jars. (The sprinkles need to be changed every so often, as the color bleeds when wet.)

Sleek vase, colorful flowers, and an all-white almond and coconut candle.

My favorite products: Bumble and Bumble Thickening Shampoo, Conditioner, and Spray (this is a lifesavor for someone like me with ultra thin hair), Moroccan Oil Hair Spray (smells amazing), MAC SPF 15 Daily Moisturizer (I bought this for my trip and I haven’t looked back), Dermalogica Face Wash and Daily Microfoliant (the best, my absolute fav), Pureology Perfect 4 Platinum Miracle Filler For Blondes (when you’ve been dying your hair since you were 12, things like this are necessary), Dr. Gross Extra Strength Alpha-Beta Peel (clears & brightens, great for after a long weekend or when you feel a breakout in the works), Eucerin Moisturizing Oil (use it in the shower for ultra-smooth skin), Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo (In a rush for work? This is super easy to use, and a roommate favorite!) Goody Hair Pins as seen here.  

Verge Curling Iron (pic here) –love the imperfect curl and beachy wave combo it creates.

Still on the hunt for a great perfume – taking suggestions in the comment section below. Thanks!  

11 Comments (Post A Comment)

FEBRUARY 21, 2012

Graffiti Stripes

by Shae

Wearing: Bailey 44 Striped Backless Top NOW AVAILABLE, Joes Flares as seen here, Steve Madden Platforms (now on sale!), Leopard Skinny Belt, Michael Kors Watch as seen here and here, Chan Luu Wrap Bracelet, Red Nomad Fluxus Scarf, Marc Jacobs Sunglasses (similar to these) as seen here, CC Skye Ring as seen here, here and here (and a million other times).

I am so accustomed to seeing graffiti walls in the city that I usually look past the art and vibrant colors that cover many buildings and fences in Chicago. However, over the weekend, I thought I’d ditch the flowerless corners and desolate streets to shoot an outfit post with some energy. I tracked down a bright wall nearby to stand in front of and check out the murals someone with serious artistic ability constructed. Sometimes it is the things we see every day that can make a simple Sunday so vivid. 

Oh, and PS: Your beauty tip of the week…use a straw when drinking coffee, it will not stain your teeth. 

9 Comments (Post A Comment)

FEBRUARY 17, 2012

Get it: Reserve Deal

by Shae

It is now officially what I call the “slump months.” The holidays are over, the sugar high from Valentine’s Day has passed, and I’m back in the swing of things after my amazing vacation to the Turks and Caicos. Enter Refinery 29. See, I’ve always been a fan of R29; their fashion articles, city knowledge, witty writing style, and now…da da da da da… DEALS! What better way to clear up the winter blues than to purchase a few closet staples? Below is a list of favorite pieces from a super chic website called Shop Twigs. You can purchase a Reserve Deal from R29 here and get an extra $50, $75 or $100 to ShopTwigs to buy these closet necessities in time for spring. I’ll be posting pics of my purchases, feel free to tag me on Facebook and Twitter with yours! Happy Shopping! 

• Orange Envelope Clutch by Tory Burch – the perfect pop to any ensemble.
  • Boyfriend Jeans have remained a weekend go-to for several seasons now, and they aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. These with a simple white tee and a chic heel are perfection.
  • I’ve recently been obsessing over tortoise shell (like these Ralph Lauren sunglasses) and this Cuff is another piece I must add to my accessory collection. It’s timeless.
  • Chains are the easiest things to layer with, and they usually work well with any occasion.
  • Every girl needs a classic trench. One that is timeless and can be worn with everything from a tailored suit to classic rain boots. It’s a good investment, period.
  • As I mentioned above, I am a big fan of chains and links, and this multi-colored necklace is neutral, simple, and uptown chic. I love it.
  • A nice candle will make any room feel homey and smell lovely. It’s a simple, yet functional décor piece that can transform a room.
  • I really just love this infinity scarf. The burlap looking neutral color against the muted orange is perfect on top of a white tee shirt or a floral dress. 

Neutral looks from: Something Yellow, Playing by the Lake, Dear Fringe, and Park Play

14 Comments (Post A Comment)