Subscribe

Receive emails when new articles are posted to Vanilla Fringe.

enter email address
Chicago Blogger Network
OCTOBER 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

by Shae

Katy Perry and Russel Brand. Not too bad for a homemade, last minute outfit...if I don't say so myself. 

8 Comments (Post A Comment)

OCTOBER 28, 2011

All Hallows Eve

by Shae

It is Halloween weekend! The time when we all have one last fall hurrah and prepare ourselves for frigid weather and holiday cheer. I finally came up with my Halloween costume a few nights ago, and I have been crafting buying finishing touches since. Here’s a roundup of the pretty pieces of “All Hallows Eve” for you all to enjoy (before the gory masks and scary men come out of the wood works).  

My aunt showed me this the other night and I thought it was such a creative idea! Too bad I don’t have enough time to do this before Monday. On the flip side, I’m a girl of glitz. A glittery pumpkin? Sign me up. 

I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin flavored things. Ya, I love a pumpkin spice yogurt or latte now and then, but I’d really prefer a sweet alternative to the pumpkin pies and pumpkin rolls being passed around the table on Thanksgiving. Catch my drift? Pictured above is what I’m talking about: Apple Spice Hummus, Apple Cider Margarita and Peanut Butter Donuts (oh ya, you want some). 

And finally…the costumes. A candy wrapper dress, candy shoes (glued to an old pair of pumps), and a blue wig…wanna guess what I’m going as this year?  Oh, and I had to throw in this adorable picture that I posted on my twitter the other day. This little princess is simply amazing. And a note to her parents: you're asking for trouble.  

3 Comments (Post A Comment)

OCTOBER 27, 2011

Mailing a Letter

by Shae

Wearing: Blank Denim Skinny Jeans, Forever 21 Striped Sweater as seen here (similar to link), Camel Cape From My Grandma (similar to link), Vintage Burberry Bag, Red Fluxus Nomad Scarf, ZigNy Heels as seen here, here, and here 

I rushed home after work yesterday to snap a few pictures before it was too dark, and while the sun was actually setting as we took the pictures, I was able to kill two birds with one stone and mail a birthday card I have been trying to give (went to her house and forgot it) and send (didn’t have a stamp) to my friend for days. I received this feminine, camel cape from my grandma about a year ago as a gift and adore the zipper pockets and chunky collar. Best part about it…it can carry you (literally) from day to night.  

5 Comments (Post A Comment)

OCTOBER 26, 2011

Fresh Fringe Chicago - Roots Pizza

by Shae

I am (obviously) always up for trying new places, but pizza places I am sometimes hesitant about. Growing up and living in Chicago, I have a very high standard for pizza here, and unless it comes with a good recommendation, I’m not interested. I had seen an article about Roots Pizza about six weeks ago, but up until last week, I didn’t have a free evening or a proper crowd to bring with. Let me tell you, worth the trip. The mozzarella sticks were the gooiest I’ve ever tasted, the salads were super crisp and fresh (I suggest making your own), there is root beer brewed in-house and crazy, cool pizza concoctions fill the menu. Added bonus: the crowd was hip and the place was packed. This is definitely a spot to hit next time you want to catch a game, chow down on some ZA (get it, abbreviation for pizZA), or just enjoy a (root) beer. 

2 Comments (Post A Comment)