Subscribe

Receive emails when new articles are posted to Vanilla Fringe.

enter email address
Chicago Blogger Network
AUGUST 30, 2011

On The Move

by Shae

Wearing:  Melie Bianco Red Bag, Siwy Leona Skinny Jeans as seen here, Mink Pink Hendrix Poncho, Aritzia Tank, Steve Madden Boots as seen here, Plastic Sunnies, House of Harlow Triquetra Rings (stacked 2) as seen here, House of Harlow Smokey Epoxy Sun Cocktail Ring, Butter Nailpolish in Royal Navy

I’m currently in the process of moving in with my girlfriends, and I am beyond excited! However, during this packing and moving process, I find myself throwing on a tank and jeans and whatever else I can find to make it look current, since some of my belongings are at my apartment, some packed, and some lingering in my closet and in suitcases. So with my hair in a messy bun, this was what I rounded up. 

4 Comments (Post A Comment)

AUGUST 29, 2011

Bright Bells

by Shae

Wearing:  Bailey 44 Couch Potato Pant, Forever 21 Striped Long Sleeve Top, Akira Belt, Pour La Victoire Booties, House of Harlow Sunburst Ring, Leopard Sunnies. 

On Friday I took a trip to the Green Goddess Boutique, and while I was there, Tasia of Treatsticks gave me some of these delicious cake pops (so yummy-had to share). I knew I would be walking around and running errands all day so I wanted a comfy outfit and pair of shoes that could easily take me from a meeting to the evening. These black Bailey 44 bells are light weight , and I love how you can wear them dressy (with heels) or super casual (with a sweatshirt and flats). The platform PLV booties and neon long sleeve were the perfect addition and made for a bright and semi-dressed up day and/or night outfit. 

1 Comments (Post A Comment)

AUGUST 26, 2011

The White Time of Year

by Shae

Wearing: Paige Roxbury Crop as seen here, Chaser ACDC Dolman Top (link is similar), For Love & Lemons White Blazer from Sophias, Chinese Laundry Booties as seen here, Cross Earrings as seen here, Silver Chain Necklace wrapped around my wrist, My Mom’s Vintage Louis Vuitton Bucket Bag as seen here.

The other night when my I took my “staycation” with the bf, he bought me a crisp white blazer, which I had been craving all summer. White is a tricky color for some people to wear, but a blazer is the perfect way to work white into your wardrobe. With the past few days feeling like a perfect fall, I have decided this is my favorite time of year. You can wear pretty much any season attire and easily mix and match pieces to your temperature, style and comfort level. 

4 Comments (Post A Comment)

AUGUST 25, 2011

Dress to Impress

by Shae

Wearing:  Theory Shyann Dress, ZigyNY Stunning Pumps as seen here, here and here, Artizia Blazer, Michael Kors Python Tote as seen here and here, Pearl Necklaces, Vintage Flower Pins, My Mom's Flower Ring, Chanel Peridot Nail Polish. 

When I scheduled a few big meetings in New York, I bought this Theory Sheath Dress as a staple I could carry from my meetings to happy hour with friends with only the change of a blazer and a necklace. And although I was a little nervous about spending so much on such a small dress, I am so happy I did. It has a slimming fit, is sexy yet sophisticated, and looks just right with a tailored blazer, pearls, and sky-high heels. It’s pieces like this you will keep forever, all your friends will borrow, and your daughter can wear, because they are simple and timeless. I know I will wear this in the winter with solid or patterned tights and a fitted trench. Easy and effortless. 

5 Comments (Post A Comment)