Subscribe

Receive emails when new articles are posted to Vanilla Fringe.

enter email address
Chicago Blogger Network
JUNE 30, 2011

Tee Shirt Time

by Shae

tee1

tee2

Wearing:  Siwy Leona Skinny Jeans in Odyssey, Siwy Denim Feather Hook, Chaser LA Hooker Tee, Jay Godfrey Cashmere Wrap, Zara Fringe Purse as seen here, Jeffrey Campbell Wedges as seen here and here, Random Beaded Bangals, Ran Ban Sunnys as seen here, Hair Knot (thoughts?).

I’m a jeans and tee shirt kinda girl (as seen here and here), and while I can appreciate a lovely dress or a soft sweat pant, denim and a cool tee are a great go-to. You can throw on a heel, wedge, or a fun sandal, add jewelry or a hat, and it just adds personality to an already put together pallet. So when I saw these Siwy Leona jeans the other day, I had to have them. They are the perfect skinny…semi stretchy, slightly distressed, slimming and, of course, a wonderful accompaniment to my tee shirts.

tee3  

tee4

tee5

1 Comments (Post A Comment)

JUNE 29, 2011

Mismatch

by Shae

princess

princess2

Wearing: Fluxus Burnout Tank, Pavoine Reversable Wrap Skirt, Old Wedges, CC Skye Pave Spear Ring as seen here and here, House of Harlow Ring as seen here, here, here and here, Forever 21 Headband as seen here.

Bright colors are always fun to play with. Although both my sister and mother told me I didn’t match today when I saw them, I still loved the yellow burnout tank paired with this Pavonine wrap skirt. And frankly, I think it does match. Best part about this outfit is this skirt is reversible and doubles as a black swing skirt if flipped the other way. This skirt would be the perfect pick when packing for a trip. You could get several outfits out of this one piece…sold. 

princess3  

princess4

2 Comments (Post A Comment)

JUNE 27, 2011

Cake Batter Rice Crispy Cake

by Shae

rice1

I don’t know why I’ve been making so many sweet treats lately, but I guess summer weather calls for sugary food. I saw these Cake Batter Crispy Treats a while ago on my favorite food blog and had to make them. I figured this weekend was a perfect opportunity because I was staying with my cousins and knew they would love this colorful and delicious dessert. So with the help of my three little cousins and my little sister, we made my new favorite snack.

rice  

Ingredients:

1 bag of mini marshmallows

3 Tablespoons of Butter

¼ cup of Yellow Cake Mix

Rainbow Sprinkles

6 Cups of Rice Krispies Cereal

Directions:

In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and add marshmallows.

Stir marshmallows occasionally until they begin to melt.

cripsy cake

Begin to add cake mix a spoonful at a time, continuously stirring. 

Add in Rice Krispies Cereal and stir in desired amount of sprinkles. 

cripsy cake

Pour into a greased pan and press into corners and top with additional sprinkles. Cover and serve after about 20 mins.

finished!

YUM!

4 Comments (Post A Comment)

JUNE 24, 2011

Green Lake, Wisconsin

by Shae

greenlake1

Confession: I’m part cheesehead.  My dad is from Ripon, a small town in Wisconsin, and my mom’s family grew up going to a lake house on Green Lake (the town over from where my dad grew up). So since I was a kid, I have taken any free weekends or vacation time to Packer Country. Here are a few of my favorite places and pictures from Green Lake, Wisconsin.

lamp1  

Antler Lamp, my grandma and grandpa’s hardware pouch, and a candle with a scent that is a lake house staple.

lakehouse3  

A perfectly assembled feather centerpiece is the focal point of a long, wood dinner table. The chairs are covered in a fisherman print, and I love the two bloodhound dogs in a wooden frame behind the table.

greenlake4  

Perhaps my most favorite piece of my lake house…the ocean fish vs. lake fish chess board on top of a hand-painted table, next to a window facing the lake.

lakehouse5  

My grandpa and grandma on my dad’s side (whose scarf I am wearing here, here and here), used to own Rippin Good Cookies. I can only buy them when I'm up North. Delicious.

bloodys

Super bloody mary made wisco style.

bathroom  

Who would have thought belting two towels would pull a whole bathroom wall together?

moose

Only in Wisconsin is there an animal head in the local candy store.

candy  

greenlake

An adorable local store filled with homey décor pieces. 

4 Comments (Post A Comment)