Subscribe

Receive emails when new articles are posted to Vanilla Fringe.

enter email address
Chicago Blogger Network
MARCH 31, 2011

Fresh Fringe Chicago - Hamburger Mary's

by Shae

marys2

Check out Hamburger Mary's Menu Online 
Want a hamburger joint that is equally as fun to look at as it is tasty? Then Hamburger Mary's is the place you should hit! Located in adorable Andersonville, this brightly decorated diner has a conversational menu (I had to order the "Britney Fried Spears" after I laughed at the clever wording), Wizard of Oz on the non-flat screen TVs, and home brewed beers with names like “Blonde Bombshell.” On top of the amusing décor, the menu is extensive and the food is delicious. Of course, their burgers are what Mary's is known for (you can substitute turkey, buffalo, chicken or black bean patties-free of charge).  Added bonus…your check comes in a vintage shoe! How about that fashionistas!  

marys3

marys4

marys5

marys6

marys7

marys8

marys9

marys10

marys11

5 Comments (Post A Comment)

MARCH 30, 2011

Cold As Ice

by Shae

Wearing: Fluxus Striped Maxi Dress, Urban Outfitters Silence & Noise Cardigan, Vintage Belt as seen here, Vintage Turquoise Earrings and Ring, Madonna and Child by Lori Christos Cuff, Vintage MCM Bag as seen here

This past weekend my boyfriend and I went to visit my family in Wisconsin. The weather was sunny, but the lake was still frozen and the temps were still icy cold. Whether I go to my dad's or the islands, I always end up packing some sort of maxi dress. They are easy to layer over or wear solo with a simple flip-flop. When I bought this Fluxus maxi last summer, I was, like most women, somewhat scared of the horizontal stripe. However, with a knit cardi and chunky vintage belt to break up the stripes, I found this dress to be rather slimming. And I love the pop of turquoise color against a white, iced lake and navy stripes as an added option for your eye.

1 Comments (Post A Comment)

MARCH 29, 2011

Vintage Romantic

by Shae

alley1

alley2

Wearing: Nightcap Clothing Chiffon Detail Dress, Rugged Vintage Cowboy Boots as seen here, Madonna and Child Necklaces, Old Navy Scarf, Crackle Nail Polish as seen here, Sephora Babydoll Pink Gloss

I am always into neutral colors this time of year. After winter I’m over black and way too pale for brights, so a soft, feminine pink is how I welcomed spring this year. I love the silk and chiffon detail in this romantic Nightcap dress, especially paired with a rugged cowboy boot. Crosses and religious jewelry, as seen in previous posts (here), are also a favorite of mine. I love how vintage medals and rosary beads can be constructed into a modern statement piece and look fabulous with a tee shirt and jeans or a pretty, neutral dress. I layered about three necklaces, and could have added more; the necklaces compliment each other and the dress just perfectly. 

alley3

alley4

alley5

alley6

4 Comments (Post A Comment)

MARCH 28, 2011

Mix It Up

by Shae

stripes1

stripes2

Wearing: MM Couture Stripes Blazer, Red Forever 21 Basic Tee, Leopard Scarf, Hudson Jeans as seen here, Monogram Gold Necklace, Green Steve Madden Booties as seen here, Juicy Couture Gold Bracelets, Vintage Chanel Purse as seen here

I LOVE stripes and the nautical look. The pieces always look tailored and the stripes add a subtle but bold pattern. This MM Couture Blazer has a slight, sharp shoulder and single button front. I always gravitate toward the color red when working with stripes, it’s the classic sailor chic look in my eyes. Besides the fact that I can throw it on in no time, my leopard infinity scarf adds sass to a simple black tee or, in this case, a striped blazer. For me, this is the way to mix prints. Do a statement pattern (stripes-jacket) and a hint of another (leopard-scarf). I am also into monogram or namesake jewelry. This long, gold, oval necklace has my initials in the center; I love how it drapes over the infinity scarf and adds a bit of unsuspected bling.

stripes4

stripes3

stripes5

6 Comments (Post A Comment)