If you follow me on Instagram you might have noticed with my overload of photos that I was in Spain this past month. Hands down the best time of my life!! I met up with my friend Maggie and we spent our time exploring the city of Barcelona and Ibiza! We found some amazing places and couldn’t help but share with you all some of our favs!!
First, Barcelona! This is where we spent most of our time, hanging by the beach walking down every alley we saw and stumbling into almost every bar in the Al Born area.
After a few days in Barcelona we flew over to the Ibiza for a couple days, where we hardly slept and explored as much of the island as possible! Here are a few things I highly suggest doing if you ever find yourself in Ibiza!
This was my first time traveling abroad and can’t believe it took me this long to do it! I have been back in the states for about 2 weeks now and already thinking about my next trip! Any suggestions for the next trip?! Let me know if I missed any of your favorite spots in Barcelona or Ibiza!
Wearing » Jumpsuit :: Free People // Knotted Cuff :: Nordstrom // Shoes :: New Balance
It’s Friday—and what better way to celebrate than feeling cool in the radest jumpsuit. I cannot put into words how much I love this jumpsuit; it is the best statement piece to ever make its way into my closet!! I’m obsessed with this jumpsuit PLUS the weather here in AZ, you can bet I’ll be soaking it all in this weekend!
—What’s everyone up to this weekend? Xxo
In My Bag» Purse :: Similar here + here // Planner :: Ban.do // Keychain :: 3 Potato 4 // Photo of my Bro & Sis :: Instax // Volume Powder :: Bumble + Bumble // Bluetooth Headphones ::Vtin Sports // Face Mist :: Urban Outfitters // Sunglasses :: Free People // Melted Lipstick :: Too Faced // Lip Scrub :: Anthropologie // Card Holder:: here
I’m not much of a bag person, but I finally found the perfect purse and couldn’t be any more obsessed with it—it fits all of my favorite daily things!! So I thought I’d share some of my favorite things that you’d find in my purse each day.
For one, my planner… it’s huge so the fact that it fits in there perfectly is a huge plus. And obliviously my favorite lipgloss is in their, my mom always taught me to never leave the house without any and the Melted Peony is amazing!! And the most important thing that I always keep in my purse is the Instax pic of my brother, my sister and I. I don’t get to see them often and having a picture of them makes me feel a little bit closer to them. I don’t like to feel weighed down with my purse so I try to keep it to a minimum, and yes having the Mario Badescu facial spray is necessary to keep me feeling fresh through out the day.
Hope you guys enjoyed—what are some of you’re must haves in your purse! I’m dying to know!! Xx
Hey guys, so a few years ago I saw an Instagram post of towels that were Shibori Dyed, and I DIED. I needed them in my life… but of course I couldn’t find them ANY WHERE and well, finally I decided I could just make them myself—I mean we are living in the generation of DIY!
Anyways… check out how to make them yourself and get with the Shibori trend already! I seriously can’t get enough of it & these towels!!
Things you’ll need:
-How ever many white large, hand, and wash towels you want
-Lots & lots of rubber bands
-A large Bucket
-1 full bottle of Denim Rit Dye
-1/2 bottle of Black Rit Dye
-Lace of your choice (I suggest the whiter the better!)
-Stir Stick (I just grabbed one from the paint department in Lowes)
-2 blocks of wood
-Tarp is optional!
»»Alright so I’m going to say this a few times in this post because I may or may not have messed these up a few times. But guys, make sure you ONLY wash the towels BEFORE dying… do not wash the towels after you are done dying, they’re only show towels so no need or the dye will bleed together!««
Ok now lets chat about how we make these amazing towels:
1) Wash your towels!
2) While the towels are in the wash, boil a gallon of water and put 2 gallons of water in your bucket.
3) Once the towels are done washing, rubber band your towels. I have shown above how I did mine, but feel free to google different ways make up your own! Make sure to not rubber band the hand towels… you want these to be solid.
4) Put the gallon of boiling water in the bucket along (which already has the 2 gallons of regular water) plus 2 cups of salt in the tub and one bottle of the denim dye and 1/2 the bottle of black dye.
6) Put your towels in the bucket—make sure the towels are not touching the bottom but also not out of the water. Leave it all in for 8-12 minutes depending on how dark you want the indigo color.
7) Take the towels out and rinse and squeeze with a hose, make sure to leave the towels rubber banded during this part. DO NOT put the towels in the wash.
8) Lay the towels out with the rubber bands still on for a few hours.
9) Cut the rubber bands off and lay the towels out flat to dry over night.
10) Sew the lace trim on your solid indigo hand towels and your ready to to hang your towels!
How cute are these towels all together? I am obsessed with the way they turned out and with my Plants, Beach Spray, and Bath Mat every time I walk into my bathroom I feel like I should be somewhere near a beach. A girl can only dream can’t see?
See ya later fringies XO