- 10 Large Eggs
- ¼ cup and 1 tablespoon of light mayonnaise
- 3 minced Gherkin (sweet pickles)
- 2 tablespoons of goat cheese (around room temp)
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons of minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons of snipped chives
- Salt and Pepper
- Thinly sliced ham or prosciutto
In a large saucepan, hard boil the eggs, and then transfer them to an ice water bath until chilled, about 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, mix the mayo, gherkins, goat cheese, mustard, shallot, and 1 teaspoon of the chives. Peel the eggs, halve them, and add the yolks to the bowl. Mix (with mixture) and add salt and pepper.
Set the egg whites on a long plate or platter and scoop egg mixture into whites. Top each egg with a slice of ham or prosciutto and top with remaining chives. Refrigerate until right before serving. Enjoy!