The past 2 weeks I have been spending a lot of time on Pinterest getting some inspiration for decorating my new apartment. I am loving the idea of neutrals with indigo, a whole lot of plants, and some art work for some pops of color.
Here are some things I’m looking at to add to my space. If you have any suggestions- please share! Can’t wait to get my place together, Xxo
In My Bag» Purse :: Similar here + here // Planner :: Ban.do // Keychain :: 3 Potato 4 // Photo of my Bro & Sis :: Instax // Volume Powder :: Bumble + Bumble // Bluetooth Headphones ::Vtin Sports // Face Mist :: Urban Outfitters // Sunglasses :: Free People // Melted Lipstick :: Too Faced // Lip Scrub :: Anthropologie // Card Holder:: here
I’m not much of a bag person, but I finally found the perfect purse and couldn’t be any more obsessed with it—it fits all of my favorite daily things!! So I thought I’d share some of my favorite things that you’d find in my purse each day.
For one, my planner… it’s huge so the fact that it fits in there perfectly is a huge plus. And obliviously my favorite lipgloss is in their, my mom always taught me to never leave the house without any and the Melted Peony is amazing!! And the most important thing that I always keep in my purse is the Instax pic of my brother, my sister and I. I don’t get to see them often and having a picture of them makes me feel a little bit closer to them. I don’t like to feel weighed down with my purse so I try to keep it to a minimum, and yes having the Mario Badescu facial spray is necessary to keep me feeling fresh through out the day.
Hope you guys enjoyed—what are some of you’re must haves in your purse! I’m dying to know!! Xx
Hey guys, so a few years ago I saw an Instagram post of towels that were Shibori Dyed, and I DIED. I needed them in my life… but of course I couldn’t find them ANY WHERE and well, finally I decided I could just make them myself—I mean we are living in the generation of DIY!
Anyways… check out how to make them yourself and get with the Shibori trend already! I seriously can’t get enough of it & these towels!!
Things you’ll need:
-How ever many white large, hand, and wash towels you want
-Lots & lots of rubber bands
-A large Bucket
-1 full bottle of Denim Rit Dye
-1/2 bottle of Black Rit Dye
-Lace of your choice (I suggest the whiter the better!)
-Stir Stick (I just grabbed one from the paint department in Lowes)
-2 blocks of wood
-Tarp is optional!
»»Alright so I’m going to say this a few times in this post because I may or may not have messed these up a few times. But guys, make sure you ONLY wash the towels BEFORE dying… do not wash the towels after you are done dying, they’re only show towels so no need or the dye will bleed together!««
Ok now lets chat about how we make these amazing towels:
1) Wash your towels!
2) While the towels are in the wash, boil a gallon of water and put 2 gallons of water in your bucket.
3) Once the towels are done washing, rubber band your towels. I have shown above how I did mine, but feel free to google different ways make up your own! Make sure to not rubber band the hand towels… you want these to be solid.
4) Put the gallon of boiling water in the bucket along (which already has the 2 gallons of regular water) plus 2 cups of salt in the tub and one bottle of the denim dye and 1/2 the bottle of black dye.
6) Put your towels in the bucket—make sure the towels are not touching the bottom but also not out of the water. Leave it all in for 8-12 minutes depending on how dark you want the indigo color.
7) Take the towels out and rinse and squeeze with a hose, make sure to leave the towels rubber banded during this part. DO NOT put the towels in the wash.
8) Lay the towels out with the rubber bands still on for a few hours.
9) Cut the rubber bands off and lay the towels out flat to dry over night.
10) Sew the lace trim on your solid indigo hand towels and your ready to to hang your towels!
How cute are these towels all together? I am obsessed with the way they turned out and with my Plants, Beach Spray, and Bath Mat every time I walk into my bathroom I feel like I should be somewhere near a beach. A girl can only dream can’t see?
See ya later fringies XO
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6
Umm ok, I still cannot get over the fact that it’s already November—Scratch that, already NOVEMBER 11TH!! So I thought with Thanksgiving just around the corner and the rest of the Holidays soon after, I would share a few essentials I love to stay stylish for the upcoming holidays. These are a few things I’m totally swooning over, and thinking I need snatch [or put on my bday + Christmas list] ASAP because I mean they’re are all perfect for this time of year!
Anything else you guys are totally eyeing for the holiday season? Let me know!