My mom and I traveled to Atlanta for a quick trip yesterday and tried to hit as many spots as we could in just one day’s time, as this was my first visit. We browsed boutiques and restaurants, and I left wishing for just 24 more hours and a bigger bank account. Below are some of the highlights…
My Grandma B (who I mentioned here) has been traveling to the Turks & Caicos since I was a little girl. She used to spend half of the year in Wisconsin (near here) and half of the year on the island of Providenciales (amazing, I know). When she passed away over a year ago, she left behind lots of lasting memories and her beachfront condo, which was her place to soak in rays, read, and drink cocktails named the “brown lady” (it is now a menu staple - as you can see above). I honestly did not go anywhere on the island without someone mentioning her name and what a nice person she was, and I miss her more and more every day. This was my first trip without her, and while I spent many minutes of the trip thinking about her, I know why she called it home; the locals are genuinely nice, the food is fantastic, and the view from her condo literally defines the word “paradise.” I would recommend this hot spot to anyone! See my favorite moments from our trip below!
- Taylor Swift on the Cover of Vogue: Love her or hate her, we unanimously agreed this was hands down T-Swift’s best look yet.
- Ralph Lauren Sunglasses – my favorite newly purchased beach accessory. I am in love with the cat eye frame and tortoise shell rims.
- iPhone Lego Speaker as seen here – not only is the Lego piece a little nostalgic of our younger years, but this little thing sends good sound through those tiny + signs. Added bonus: no need to charge, the speakers pull energy from your iPod or iPhone. Oh, and it’s 20 bucks.
- The Hunger Games, and the third book of the trilogy, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins – These were the only two books brought along on this trip by several of us. We can’t wait for the movie to hit theatres!
- Bath and Body Works SPF 30 Cooling Spray – Smells fabulous, lightweight, and the perfect amount of coverage.
- Hawaiian Tropic Shimmer Effect SPF 20 – This lotion has a pretty shimmer to it that makes your bod look glowing and glam while still blocking the bad rays. I will never buy another boring lotion again.
- Carmex Tinted Lip Balm with SPF 25 – A one swipe wonder, this adds color and SPF in a flash.
- Tootsie Pop – Easy to carry and no melting.
- Australian Gold Spray Gel with SPF 8 – For those of us who didn’t fry to a crisp, we used this the last day of our trip.
- Goody Hair Pins – I saw these on Pinterest last week and grabbed them from Walgreens when I was picking up my last minute travel necessities. Put your hair in a ponytail, twist and wrap your hair into a bun, screw these twists into the top and bottom of the bun. Bun secure, and hair out of your face.
- Silver Deep Boating Tours Brochure – We took this charter the last day on the island and had a ball! It’s a keepsake now.
- Forever 21 Color Block Beach Bag – Big enough for all these things and more...