Like most women, I love shoes. Whether they are sexy or comfortable (rarely at the same time), expensive or cheap, they can make or break an outfit (and a mood) in an instant. As the saying goes, “You can never have enough friends, money or shoes…” (the list might be longer, I don’t recall the full quote) and I fully believe that. My girlfriend and her fabulous mother opened up a shoe haven called “Stilettos” in the northern (Chicago) burbs three years ago. They are celebrating their 3rd year anniversary this weekend and are offering up major discounts, giveaways, and, of course, some drinks and treats (details below). This also applies to their online store (which hasn’t been around three years, but for those who can’t make the trip, we get to pretend), so enjoy an online coupon code - also below. The pictures in this post all feature shoes purchased at Stilettos, so thank you to Alexandra and Christine for making my love of shoes an easy addiction to treat. Happy shopping, sole sistas.
I almost can’t believe I’m admitting this, but I do indeed have hair extensions. Maybe some of you knew, maybe some of you didn’t, but the long blonde locks used to come from clip-ins, and they now come from “halo couture,” which is by far the best extension I’ve used since I first started about 4 years ago (I know, sounds like a real problem, doesn’t it?). I was blessed with thin, fine hair that has constant split ends and lacks body, so after chopping most of it due to damage, I bit the bullet and invested in clip-ins. These worked well up until my hairdresser, Carlin, introduced me to these babies that are so much faster and healthier for your locks. Her info is below; go see her if you’re interested. Trust me, they are worth the investment. (Psst, I'm wearing them here and here).
1. Eyes – Bobbi Brown Brick. You just can’t go wrong with this thing. Use it as shadow or a highlighter. It’s the best, and it lasts not only on your face, but in your makeup bag.
2. Luscious Lashes – A few steps here, but I swear by it. Start with Tarte MultiplEYE Lash Enhancing Primer, then load on Tarte Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara. Wait a minute or two to dry, and then re-curl your eyelashes. Magic.
3. Skin – Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Glow Pads (for face, neck, etc.). I put this on at night before I moisturize. Be sure to let it dry for about 15 minutes before moisturizing and applying eye cream.
4. Blush – Nars Orgasm. The best color blend for so many skin types. I love the slight shimmer as well.
5. Lips – Tom Ford Nude Vanilla Lipstick. I’m into lip liner again, so for a more dramatic lip, do Mac’s Oak liner first, then add lipstick and top with a plumper gloss, or go matte with THE most bomb nude lipstick everrrr.
6. Coconut Oil – I mentioned this above, but this stuff has become a nightly routine for me and many of my friends. It moisturizes, helps prevent wrinkles, and brightens your skin. Apply before bed (feel free to apply to hair as well).
Two years and counting…thank you all so much for all your support! I had my first VF party last Friday (few pics below), and I am now hosting my first “favorite things giveaway” (you get a car, and you get a car; sorry, I had to) in honor of the milestone. This is a basket of various items I received (and wore) from some of my favorite brands. Thank you to all for checking back and enjoying VF as much as I do. Below is a list of all the sponsors who donated both to my party goodie bags and to the “favorite things” giveaway. I cannot thank those who donated enough, as well as for their generosity. See below for all the details. Good luck!
To enter to win this fabulous basket, Tweet, Facebook, Pin or Instagram a picture of you wearing something “inspired” by Vanilla Fringe OR a dish you saw the recipe of on Vanilla Fringe and made yourself OR a DIY project you saw on VF (or were inspired to make because of the blog) OR -- you catch my drift. Be sure to tag VF (so I can see all the great pics). If there’s a good showing, I may have enough goodies to do a 2nd place winner! Contest will close and the winner will be picked on Monday. Good luck! UPDATE: CONGRATS ALLISON BOWDEN! YOU WIN!
Thanks to my mom for all her help with my blog, the GIVEAWAY basket, and the party. Love you!