Ingredients For Bacon Wrapped Scallops:
- Fresh Scallops (about 10-12)
- Fresh Lemon (1)
- Package of Bacon (1)
- Garlic Powder
- Garlic Pepper
- Toothpicks and Aluminum Tray
Ingredients for Horseradish Sauce:
- Cocktail Sauce
- Turn on grill and let it warm up to a medium to medium-high heat setting.
- Wrap bacon around scallops, spear with toothpick, and place in an alluminum tray.
- Squeeze the lemon juice from one fresh lemon over the top and around the wrapped scallops, sprinkle with garlic powder and coarse black pepper.
- Place tray on grill and let cook for about 40 minutes or until browned and crispy. Be sure to turn or rotate the scallops after 10 to 12 minutes and put on high heat for the last 3 to 4 minutes to really the crisp the outside of the bacon.
- While the scallops are cooking, mix horseradish, a couple dollops of cocktail sauce and the juice from half a lemon into bowl. (Tip: if you are not a horseradish fan, flip the cocktail sauce to horseradish ratio). Leave dipping sauce cold or heat in microwave for about 40 seconds.
- Remove scallops from heat and sprinkle a small amount of garlic pepper over the top before serving. You may remove the toothpicks or leave them in for easy gripping.